Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Veil

2 Cor. 3: 14But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away. 15Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts. 16But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.

Today...you get two posts. This one is short....may we all read the OT with our veils lifted.
Is your veil lifted? I would love to hear any insight you may have gotten in the OT with your veil removed.

1 comment:

  1. Is your veil lifted? I say yes... and no... ultimately, since I have received Jesus into my heart and have the promised Holy Spirit, yes. But there are things I encounter all the time that I don't understand about God, the Bible, life in general! 1Cor 13:12 says we see but a poor reflection, as in a mirror.

    Whenever I encounter something I don't understand, it's not really God's fault. He's not going to reveal anything to me that I cannot receive. (Jn 16:12) Sometimes that is why we don't get answers to our prayers.. because we're unable to receive the answer He has. Mk 8:17 calls this lack of understanding "hardness of heart". Jn 16:13 shows us how to overcome this hardness of heart -- by yielding to the Holy Spirit when he speaks to us. If His purpose is to guide us into all truth, it's our job to yield and follow.

    ReplyDelete